Friday, November 7, 2008

Vintage Miniatures




In the early 1970's my mother and her best friend were part of the growing frenzy of adults collecting miniatures. Over the course of a year or two, they each collected and furnished a two story house complete with electricity! Being in grade school at the time, I was enthralled with this mini world and began a modest collection of my own, ranging from tiny hand crafted wonders to inexpensive hobby store finds, some of which I kept and (finally!) turned into these trinket boxes. And if my parents had a computer (how is not having one even possible?!) I would have had my mom send me shots of her mini house, which she still has, and into which I still gaze, pretending I'm small, wandering around its wonderful treasures.
(Okay, so maybe I don't do that part of it any more, but it sounded so blog poetic!)

No comments: